Sunday, August 31, 2008

To Vote or Not to Vote, Part I: A Short Strand of Links

Over the past year my wife and I, along with our old community of friends at ACU, have been exploring and wrestling with the issue of whether or not we, as Christians, ought to vote in the upcoming presidential election. Over the coming weeks (months?), I'll be submitting various posts chronicling our movement on the issue, conversations with others, the different "proper" stances Christians usually take, and thoughts on how to discern what the right decision ought to be for Christians.

But to begin, some reading. Some articles reference each other, so I'd recommend reading them chronologically.

As you can see from this strand of commentary cutting straight across the thoroughfare of the Christian blogosphere, there is widespread disagreement on the issue of voting and politics for Christians. Consider these links a primer on the debate; feel free to suggest any resources, links, authors, etc., that would add to the debate. I'll update this post with any helpful suggestions.

More on this to come.

1 comment:

  1. Hey man,
    Just wanted to say that I'm excited about keeping up with you through this blog. You always have good thoughts. Hope you are doing well man.

    ReplyDelete