Friday, August 29, 2008

Welcome

Hello all! After an extended break from the blogging world -- having followed up two summers overseas with an ordinary move a mere four states away -- I have decided to re-enter and see how things go. I have found myself without an outlet for so much of my ongoing theological explorations, for, as she will tell you, my wife can only handle so much -- and it is unending.

So, as you might imagine, she enthusiastically applauded a new blog.

We'll see how it goes from here. I'm having some formatting issues, and I'm not sure how to exactly encapsulate what it is I'll be doing; and, to be honest, I don't really know what this is going to look like.

But I do know that I have material, and because I am -- among other things -- didactic, gregarious, endlessly captured up in thoughts, irredeemably theological, naturally conversational, and ever desiring of both community and (let's be honest) an audience, I think that this could be a good thing.

There is so much going on in the world, so many places where God is at work, so many ideas and so much art, all in need of theological interpretation, joyful celebration, and imaginative exploration. As Hauerwas would say, the doing of theology is itself a politics, one that refuses to lie, one that by faith sees the reality of the lordship of Jesus above and beneath and behind the visible, the powerful, the tangible, the fallen.

That is what I will do my best to be about on this blog. Let us see where it takes us!

No comments:

Post a Comment