Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Waiting

In approximately five weeks, I will know where, if anywhere, I am going for doctoral work.

Three weeks later, my completed thesis is due to be submitted to my reading committee.

Five weeks following that, I will graduate from Candler School of Theology with my Master of Divinity.

And two weeks subsequent to graduation, if I have been accepted to a PhD program, my wife and I will be leaving our three-year home and friends and church in Atlanta for a new home elsewhere.

I am tempted to platitudes. Instead, let me just say that it is good to know that others also have been in this same position and have survived.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck - I mean, God's will be done, but good luck on God's will not being that you work at McDonalds, especially since you're a vegetarian and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing how God works in this. Can't be easy waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just make sure the city you moved to had some sports teams we will want to come and watch.

    ReplyDelete