Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Stone-Campbell Journal Conference

Tomorrow I'm heading to Lincoln Christian University in Lincoln, Illinois, to participate in the annual Stone-Campbell Journal Conference. I'll be presenting as a part of the Ecclesiology and Social Ethics study group moderated by John Nugent, reading a paper titled "Disciples of a State Criminal: How the Mission of the Church Relates to the U.S. Imprisonment Crisis." The various sessions are online here.

The particular theme of this year's conference is: "What We Learned: Editors Reflect on A Global History of the Stone-Campbell Movement." Presentations include:
  • Paul Blowers (Emmanuel Christian Seminary), "What I Learned About Historiography"
  • Douglas Foster (Abilene Christian University), "What I Learned About African-Americans"
  • Newell Williams (Brite Divinity School), "What I Learned About Christian Churches (Independent)"
  • Loretta Hunicutt (Pepperdine University), "What I Learned About Women"
I'm looking forward to meeting up with some old friends as well as meeting a whole lot of fellow theological scholars within the Restoration heritage. Leave a comment or email me if you want to meet up while there.

4 comments:

  1. Brad,

    I am only 30 minutes away from Lincoln. It is where I went to undergrad and seminary. I had not planned on going to the conference, but I would love to meet up...do lunch or something.

    Let me know when you have a free moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll email you, Jarrod; thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really great to meet you, Brad. I really enjoyed your paper. It's encouraging to meet like-minded people in the movement.

    Let's stay in touch. I'm interested in keeping up with the good work that you are doing at Yale.

    I might hit you up for a place to stay when I get to planning the northeast part of my school visits in the fall.

    blessings,
    Stephen
    (your blog won't let me comment with my wordpress account. Just thought you should know. If you want to follow my ramblings: stephenlawson.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting the code of FAMIT- FAMAK- FPALL.
    And all with DASSAULT- DISNEY- TURNER. HEINTZ- RUSH & KARL ROVE.
    And to think EDWARD MEESE is that COMSTUL riding on RICK'S SETAIN' S PONY.
    HORSEA.
    With GUY FAWKES!
    Imagine what FC PORTO's doing now?
    I bet DEWORPH got a PENWASSER PLACE on ONIONST because that's what ONEYST says about COLHENDO .
    And so does ROSENROT OVER YONDER.
    It's that RED RIBBON ARMY going DOWNN REDPATHS.
    MP3 knows.
    Her PR man is THE ROCCE.

    ReplyDelete